Stores with this mark let you do the procedure in-store.
- Only available to non-residents who have been in Japan for less than 6 months
- To Japanese residents who have been in foreign countries for more than 2 years.
- General Items
Clothing, bags, shoes, accessories, miscellaneous goods, etc.
- Consumable Items
Food products, beverages, cosmetics, medications, etc.
Eligible Amount (only on the day of purchase)
|Only General Items|
Total purchase amount of ¥5,000 or more (excluding tax)
|General Items + Consumable Items or Only Consumable Items|
Total purchase amount between ¥5,000 and ¥500,000 (excluding tax)
- The tax exemption procedures require a n entry stamp in your passport, even if you entered Japan through an automatic inspection gate.
- The tax refund only applies to souvenirs and other goods purchased for personal use (not purchases made for business or sales purposes).
- Please check for yourself whether your destination country has any restrictions on bringing food products or beverages.