There are two ways to do duty-free procedures at Tokyo SKYTREE TOWN.
Stores with this mark let you do the procedure in-store.
You can apply for a collective tax refund at the Tax Refund Counter in Block 7 on the 1st floor for all items purchased at any stores with this logo.
- Only available to non-residents who have been in Japan for less than 6 months
- To Japanese residents who have been in foreign countries for more than 2 years.
- General Items
Clothing, bags, shoes, accessories, miscellaneous goods, etc.
- Consumable Items
Food products, beverages, cosmetics, medications, etc.
Eligible Amount (only on the day of purchase)
|Only General Items|
Total purchase amount of ¥5,000 or more (excluding tax)
|General Items + Consumable Items or Only Consumable Items|
Total purchase amount between ¥5,000 and ¥500,000 (excluding tax)
Guide to Applying at the Tax Refund Counter
About the Duty-Free Counter
- Business hours
- Temporary Closure
- 1F Block 7
- Service available
- Japanese and English
- Call 070-3335-3045 using a domestic line.
TAX REFUND Guide
At stores with the above logo, please inform the cashier that you would like to receive a tax refund when checking out.please inform the cashier that you would like to receive a tax refund when checking out.
- Stores with this logo have their own tax refund procedures. Apply for a refund at each individual store. You cannot combine refunds for items purchased at other stores.
Pay the total price, including consumption tax.
- You must use a credit card bearing the same name as your passport (if using a credit card).
Go to the Tax Refund Counter on the same day as your purchase (Hours: 10:00 - 21:00, final reception: 21:00). You must go in person; another person cannot
Be sure to bring the following! Otherwise, you will be unable to receive a tax refund!
Your purchases(Do not open)
Your receipts (handwritten receipts not accepted)
Your passport of (no copies; must contain entry stamp)
The credit card bearing the same name as the passport of the person who made the purchase (if a credit card was used)
Electronically sign the Purchaser’s Pledge.
You will receive a cash refund equivalent to the amount of consumption tax you paid, minus a service fee of 1% of the tax-refunded product price (tax excluded).
- You cannot return the product(s) after you have received the tax refund.
When Leaving Japan
Present the Record of Purchase attached to your passport at Customs.
- The tax exemption procedures require a n entry stamp in your passport, even if you entered Japan through an automatic inspection gate.
- The tax refund only applies to souvenirs and other goods purchased for personal use (not purchases made for business or sales purposes).
- Please check for yourself whether your destination country has any restrictions on bringing food products or beverages.